17th Annual Series
The Ventura County 99s are back with a terrific array of Annual Pilot Proficiency Classes with some great new classes and instructors for their 17th annual season. The classes are open to all pilots, student pilots and instructors.
Fees and Registration
Please register early to make sure you get a seat. There is a fee for all classes. If you choose to register and pay for individual classes (rather than a season pass), the fee for the individual class appears at the end of the class title in the class schedule tab. To register for the movie "Heroes on Deck" or any other individual class, click on the registration tab, fill out the contact information, click next and chooose which class(es) you want to attend. You can print a schedule of all the classes by clicking on the Class Flyer and Other Handouts tab.
To ensure we have seats and course materials for everyone, please register & pay for the classes at least 24 hours in advance. We cannot guarantee a seat or any course materials to anyone who does not preregister and pay at least 24 hours in advance. We welcome walk-ins who pay and register at the door on a space available basis.
We offer early-bird pricing for those who register for season passes by February 26, 2017. We also offer several discount pricing options and season passes for 99s and their immediate family members, active full-time military, CFIs with a current FAA flight instructor certificate, and those who want to attend multiple classes.
- Great Door Prize. At every class each attendee will get a door prize ticket to deposit in the prize box. We will draw the winner at the end of the Pilot Proficiency Class series.
- Satisfy the ground portion of your Flight Review (formerly BFR) and IPC.
- Get credit for the FAA Wings Program & the ground portion of Avemco's Safety Rewards Program premium credit. To get Wings credit, register for the classes with the same email address you use for the Wings program.
- Click here for special discounts and promotions for current CFIs.
- Save $$$ by buying a discounted season pass.
- Support aviation scholarships.
- It's about flying!
Many pilots fly into our pilot proficiency classes from locations throughout California. Camarillo Airport is a wonderful airport with several instrument approaches and free transient parking adjacent to the Department of Airports building where we hold our classes.
Some of the class descriptions suggest that you bring your iPad or similar device to the class. In other classes you might find it convenient to bring your iPad so you can use one of your aviation apps to pull up the charts, airport information or approaches. There is no wireless network available at the Dept of Airports. If you want Internet access during the class, you will need to use your own cellular data plan or bring or activate a hotspot.